Sunday, October 02, 2005

Suddenly, A Timeline

We've booked our "out-of-venue" rehearsals (all our rehearsals before Christmas have to take place outside the Playhouse, because other shows are going on), and ads for auditions have gone up (some responses, I think, but my SM is handling all the bookings, bless her heart).

I have an assistant director, now--Liz Johannsen, with whom I worked only tangentially when she performed in Sound & Fury's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream (I produced the show, but didn't direct). Welcome aboard! In a perfect world, her schedule and Dave's (text coach) schedule would complement each other, and I would always have help onhand. We'll see.

The next official production meeting is in 3 weeks, but I'm trying to meet with some of the designers beforehand, to clear up some scheduling questions. It's a bit strange, going from a free-floating day-dream approach to having an actual schedule. But I'm a big believer in deadlines, so I have to set a good example early on.

If there's any more daydreaming to be done, it will have to be done on the fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home