Wednesday, May 04, 2005

National Lampoon's Academic Vacation!

This weekend, I am heading to Banff to participate in the Pacific Northwest Renaissance Society's annual Interdisciplinary Renaissance Conference. Lots of stuffy academics trading yarns about dead white authors...and I’ll be one of them! (A stuffy academic, that is, not a dead white author). I’m presenting a paper on The Two Noble Kinsmen of all things.

I don’t have the schedule of events yet, but obviously, if anyone is presenting on anything even remotely connected to Lear, I’ll be there. I may just encounter of the academinc print-centric tunnel-vision that has thus far kept scholarly ideas a world apart from my theatric tasks...but you never know. There might even be a few actors or directors kicking around.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home